Start Date: May 26, 2018
End Date: June 03, 2018
Families can go on an imaginative London adventure to discover some of the jobs required to keep London moving. The Museum’s resident dancer will lead immersive movement and percussion workshops using cleaning tools, torches and high vis jackets, and playing all sorts of characters along the way – Tube drivers, gardeners, track maintenance workers, cleaners and poster designers.
During a visit to London Transport Museum families can also:
- Visit the brand-new Digging Deeper gallery which explores the history of tunnelling from Brunel in the 19th century to modern day Crossrail and features a life-size recreation of the tunnelling shield that helped create the world’s first electric Tube railway in 1890
- Enjoy the new temporary exhibition: The Secret Life of a Megaproject which reveals some of the secrets behind Crossrail – Europe’s biggest infrastructure and engineering project
- Explore the All Aboard family play zone where young visitors can play conductor on a real bus, repair a mini Tube train with toy spanners, and work in the ‘Lost Property Office’
- Play on real buses and trains
May half term family fun takes place from 26 May to 3 June 2018 at London Transport Museum, Covent Garden Piazza, London, WC2E 7BB.
- KIDS GO FREE
- Adult admission tickets allow unlimited daytime entry for a whole year to all galleries and exhibitions.
- Save money by booking adult tickets online in advance:
- Advance online booking: adults £16.00 (concessions £13.50)
- On the door: adults £17.50 (concessions £15.00)
For advance booking information, call +44 (0)20 7565 7298 or visit www.ltmuseum.co.uk